The graduates passing the Programme will be able to:
PO1: Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering for solving interdisciplinary problems of various complexities.
PO2: Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data using Mathematics and Civil Engineering principles.
PO3: Design the Civil Engineering structures using standard codes of Civil Engineering.
PO4: Design, plan, implement ideas and evaluate field program to meet desired requirements of the society.
PO5: Use tools and recent techniques, skills, while practising as Civil Engineer.
PO6: Relate design and development principles in the construction of Civil Engineering by taking care of varying complexity, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
PO7: Apply the concepts of Civil Engineering to develop Environment and Eco friendly systems for better sustainability.
PO8: To inculcate the attitude of being professional, ethical, legal, to security and social issues and responsibilities.
PO9: The graduate should demonstrate leadership as an individual and take initiative towards the ethical advancement of professional and organizational goals.
PO10: Should be proficient in written and oral communication skills and motivate the graduates to enhance knowledge by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging careers.
PO11: Understand the impact of Engineering solutions to manage projects in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
PO12: Manifests into continuing professional advancement and life-long learning.
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, Engineering fundamentals, and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex Engineeringproblems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles ofmathematics, natural sciences and Engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design systemcomponents or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriateconsideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, andEnvironmental considerations.
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design ofexperiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the informationto provide valid conclusions.
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modernEngineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complexEngineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health,safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant tothe professional engineering practice.
Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal andEnvironmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need forsustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering practice
.Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverseteams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with theEngineering community and with society at large, such as, being able tocomprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, makeeffective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering and managementprinciples and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team,to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage inindependent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PEO 1 : Ability to develop mechanical engineering system using tools, techniques and knowledge of automation.
PEO 2 : Exhibit the ability in higher studies,research and other continuous professional development activities
PEO 3 : An ability to practice as skilled technocrats to cater the needs of Industries.
PEO 4 : An ability to pursue higher studies and to work in research and development, with innovative efforts for professional careers.
PEO 5 : An ability to express an attitude with responsible, professional and ethical manner to address social and technical challenges through lifelong learning.
PEO 6 : An ability to work as leaders that supports service, economic and sustainable development with high human and ethical values.
|Graduate Attributes||Program Outcome|
|Engineering Knowledge||Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the solution of mechanical engineering problems.|
|Problem Analysis||Ability to formulate and analyze complex mechanical engineering problems.|
|Design / Development Solutions||Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety for sustainable development.|
|Conduct Investigation of Complex Problems||Ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and to interpret data to solve complex mechanical engineering problems|
|Modern Tool Usage||Ability to apply the modern mechanical engineering tools and techniques that are necessary for mechanical engineering practices.|
|The Engineer and Society||Ability to provide engineering solutions to address social, cultural, ethical issues|
|Environment and Sustainability||Ability to apply engineering solutions with due care of environment safety and the need for sustainable development.|
|Ethics||An ability to provide solutions with Professional and ethical responsibilities.|
|Individual and Team Work||Ability to function effectively on multidisciplinary teams.|
|Communication||Ability to communicate effectively.|
|Project Management and Finance||Ability to apply technical Knowledge, principles of management and finance in relation to engineering projects.|
|Lifelong Learning||Appreciation of technological change and the need for independent life-long learning.|
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.