Department of Civil Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- The graduate will have sufficient competency to plan, design, and build Civil Engineering-based systems keeping in view Environment, Economic, and Public requirements.
- The Graduate will serve the society as principled and responsible professionals.
- The Graduate will be more employable & ready to take up Civil Engineering activities at ease.
- Graduates will engage themselves in lifetime learning, advanced studies, and membership in professional societies for professional growth.
Programme Outcomes (PO’s)
The graduates passing the Programme will be able to:
PO1: Apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering for solving interdisciplinary problems of various complexities.
PO2: Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data using Mathematics and Civil Engineering principles.
PO3: Design the Civil Engineering structures using standard codes of Civil Engineering.
PO4: Design, plan, implement ideas and evaluate field program to meet desired requirements of the society.
PO5: Use tools and recent techniques, skills, while practising as Civil Engineer.
PO6: Relate design and development principles in the construction of Civil Engineering by taking care of varying complexity, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
PO7: Apply the concepts of Civil Engineering to develop Environment and Eco friendly systems for better sustainability.
PO8: To inculcate the attitude of being professional, ethical, legal, to security and social issues and responsibilities.
PO9: The graduate should demonstrate leadership as an individual and take initiative towards the ethical advancement of professional and organizational goals.
PO10: Should be proficient in written and oral communication skills and motivate the graduates to enhance knowledge by pursuing postgraduate studies or face competitive examinations that offer challenging careers.
PO11: Understand the impact of Engineering solutions to manage projects in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
PO12: Manifests into continuing professional advancement and life-long learning.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO’s)
- The graduates will communicate with stakeholders efficiently and carry out quality construction work applying essential tools.
- The graduates will be able to work out feasible technical solution to impending basic problems in the field of Civil Engineering like housing to all, water and abatement of various types of pollution.
- Will develop skill to utilize the available local resources efficiently and simultaneously safe guard the environment and ecology.
Department of Computer Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives(PEOS)
- To empower the knowledge in the field of computer engineering and usage of modern tools effectively to solve real life problems.
- The graduate will have industry based technical skills and will accord to the profession and employability.
- The graduate will bring the highest quality and integrity into the education system with research attitude and life-long learning.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, Engineering fundamentals, and an Engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex Engineeringproblems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles ofmathematics, natural sciences and Engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex Engineering problems and design systemcomponents or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriateconsideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, andEnvironmental considerations.
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design ofexperiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the informationto provide valid conclusions.
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modernEngineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complexEngineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health,safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant tothe professional engineering practice.
Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal andEnvironmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need forsustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering practice
.Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverseteams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex Engineering activities with theEngineering community and with society at large, such as, being able tocomprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, makeeffective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering and managementprinciples and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team,to manage projects and in multidisciplinary Environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage inindependent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Professional Skills-The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer pro-grams in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big da-ta analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexities.
- Problem-Solving Skills- The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
- Successful Career and Entrepreneurship- The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entre-preneur and to have a zest for higher studies.
Department of Electrical Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Graduates will have fundamental and broad knowledge in Electrical Engineering relating to industrial applications and research to design, analyze and synthesize information from various sources.
- Graduates will become entrepreneurs, employees of different organizations, pursue higher studies and research for developing advanced skills in Electrical Engineering
- Graduates will exhibit technical and intellectual competency and will be willing for life-long learning
- Graduates will demonstrate technical knowledge to work in multi-disciplinary environment with ethical values for professional development to meet real time problems with social needs.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, Electrical Engineering fundamentals to get the solution for different engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate and analyze different Electrical Engineering problems and reaching sustained conclusion using the principle of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering fundamentals.
- Design development of solutions: Design the solutions for different electrical engineering problems, components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate considerations & social aspects.
- Conduct investigations of complex problem: Use knowledge of Electrical Engineering which includes design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with understanding of the limitations.
- Engineer and society: Use appropriate knowledge to assess society welfare and consequent responsibility relevant to professional engineering practices.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solution in social and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and responsibilities commit to professional engineering practices for the society.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, a member or leader in diversity and multi disciplinary fields.
- Communications: Communicate effectively in professional engineering activities with society to understand and write effective reports, presentations with clear interpretation.
- Project Management and finance: Demonstrate and apply knowledge of engineering management skills with understanding financial aspects in multi disciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning: Recognize the social needs and prepare it for lifelong learning in the growing technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Graduates will demonstrate their knowledge in effective implementation during their practice of profession by using logical & technical skills in Electrical Engineering with due regard to environment and social concerns.
- Graduates will demonstrate their knowledge in analysis, design, simulate for Electrical components and systems.
- Graduates will be motivated for continuous self learning in engineering practices and pursue research in advanced areas of Electrical Engineering in order to offer engineering services to the society.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Programme Educational Objectives :
PEO 1 : Ability to develop mechanical engineering system using tools, techniques and knowledge of automation.
PEO 2 : Exhibit the ability in higher studies,research and other continuous professional development activities
PEO 3 : An ability to practice as skilled technocrats to cater the needs of Industries.
PEO 4 : An ability to pursue higher studies and to work in research and development, with innovative efforts for professional careers.
PEO 5 : An ability to express an attitude with responsible, professional and ethical manner to address social and technical challenges through lifelong learning.
PEO 6 : An ability to work as leaders that supports service, economic and sustainable development with high human and ethical values.
Program Outcome :
||Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the solution of mechanical engineering problems.
||Ability to formulate and analyze complex mechanical engineering problems.
|Design / Development Solutions
||Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety for sustainable development.
|Conduct Investigation of Complex Problems
||Ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze and to interpret data to solve complex mechanical engineering problems
|Modern Tool Usage
||Ability to apply the modern mechanical engineering tools and techniques that are necessary for mechanical engineering practices.
|The Engineer and Society
||Ability to provide engineering solutions to address social, cultural, ethical issues
|Environment and Sustainability
||Ability to apply engineering solutions with due care of environment safety and the need for sustainable development.
||An ability to provide solutions with Professional and ethical responsibilities.
|Individual and Team Work
||Ability to function effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
||Ability to communicate effectively.
|Project Management and Finance
||Ability to apply technical Knowledge, principles of management and finance in relation to engineering projects.
||Appreciation of technological change and the need for independent life-long learning.
Programme Specific Outcomes :
- Ability to develop mechanical engineering system using tools, techniques and knowledge of automation.
- Exhibit the ability in higher studies, research and other continuous professional development activities.
Department of Basic Engineering Science (First Year Engineering)
Program Outcomes (POs) :
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Course Objective & Course Outcome: Click Here